Regarding the current challenges, we naturally orient ourselves on the official information of the Austrian federal government and follow these guidelines. They are subject to change and we will be happy to update you accordingly.
We take the standards of hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and invest a lot of time and money to ensure the safety of our guests and hotel employees. We have summarized the most important information for you here.
With your care you protect yourself as well as the other guests and your hosts! Thank you so much!
In Austria, the “3G rule” applies to both entry and access to hotels, restaurants, museums, etc. This means that you either have to show a valid negative test result, a vaccination certificate or confirmation of an undergone Covid 19 infection.
The following are valid as proof:
• A negative antigen test (valid for 48h) or a negative PCR test (valid for 72h) OR
• Antigen self-tests with digital solution (valid for 24 hours) OR
• A doctor's confirmation or an official separation notice for a Covid-19 illness not more than 6 months ago OR
• An antibody detection, not older than 3 months OR
• An official confirmation of vaccination, whereby the first vaccination must be at least 22 days ago
As an exception, an antigen self-test under the supervision of the operator of the hotel or a person authorized by him on site: this test is only valid for the stay in the hotel and must be carried out immediately before or after entering the hotel.
The documents must be issued in German or English. Please have one of these documents ready for check-in.
Children under 10 years of age are exempt from the obligation to provide evidence.
Vienna offers extensive testing options, some of which are free - also for guests. If you need a test as proof of access or for the journey home, please contact our staff at reception. They will be happy to inform you about the various options.
Entry and quarantine
All frequently asked questions as well as current information on entering Austria can be found here: Website Federal Ministry Social Affairs
Vaccinated, recovered and tested people from almost all European countries as well as Australia, Israel, Singapore and South Korea can enter without quarantine.
From some countries only business guests are allowed to be welcomed. The following applies here: Vaccinated or recovered people do not have to go into quarantine, "only" those who have been tested do. The latter can "free themselves" from quarantine with a new test after 5 days.
Personal health is our top priority. In order to enjoy your stay in VIENNA and your hotel without any worries, the Safe Stay-label was created on the initiative of the Vienna Economic Chamber’s professional group of the hotel industry in cooperation with the Vienna Tourist Board.
Viennese hotel operators voluntarily undertake to comply with additional protective measures against COVID-19 in their businesses so that their guests can enjoy unforgettable, carefree and safe moments in VIENNA.
Apart from enhanced disinfection measures, new service procedures and safety measures for employees and guests, Covid-19 officers have been appointed to coordinate compliance with these measures and act as a point of contact!
These are ON TOP protective measures to make guests feel safe from booking to departure!
• Keep a minimum distance of 1 meter from each other and from guests.
• The use of a FFP2 mask.
• Gloves worn by our cleaning staff and kitchen staff.
• Regular hand washing with warm water and soap (at least 30 seconds).
• Receive ongoing training.
• Every day we measure the temperature of every employee before they start working.
• If there are signs of illness, the employees are promptly asked to stay at home.
• Have a Covic test regularly (as required by law, except for employees who have already been vaccinated or recovered).
• Please keep a distance of at least 1 meter from other guests and employees outside your own visitor group within the entire hotel.
• The wearing of a FFP2-mouth and nose protection in all public areas is required by law!
• Upon arrival and departure, a maximum of 1 person per room may communicate with our receptionists.
• Pay cashless if possible. Pay the invoice preferably contactlessly with a card and have the invoice sent to you.
• Please use our elevator alone or only with your fellow passengers.
• Follow the instructions of the employees.
• Avoid shaking hands and hugs even though we know that it will be very difficult for you with our delightful staff.
• Wash hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
• Avoid touching the face with uncleaned hands.
• Sneeze or cough in the crook of the arm or in a handkerchief.
• Please do not travel if there are signs of illness.
• If you feel ill during your stay, please remain in the room and call the reception.
Hygiene and your safety has always been a top priority for our team! We have developed a comprehensive hygiene concept so that you can feel safe and comfortable with us even in these times.
Here is a small excerpt:
• Guest room
Use of predetermined cleaning processes with the top-down cleaning system, which is particularly hygienic. Use cleaning and disinfection protocols to clean rooms after guests leave and before the next guest arrives. Here we focus our attention on objects that are particularly frequently touched in the room.
At the moment, due to popular requests from our guests, daily room cleaning is not offered. If you want us to clean your room during your stay, we ask you to notify the reception upon arrival.
You can also request your own disinfection bottle for your room.
• Public areas
Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of public areas, whereby the reception, elevator, door handles and public toilets are special priorities. You will find disinfection columns in the public area.
• Employee areas
We also increase the cleaning frequency in the areas where our employees work and concentrate on areas that are frequently touched, such as the entrances, changing rooms, washrooms and offices.
We implement new hygiene standards and have given a lot of thought. We want to remain environmentally friendly. Our laundry, the Flott company, has been awarded with a hygiene pass. Viruses have no chance in the chemothermal washing process. For you this means: guaranteed clean, cozy towels and a safe, good sleep in flawless bed linen.
- Our breakfast times at the moment: from 7:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- The wearing of FFP2-mask is required by law.
- Please disinfect your hands at the disinfection columnsevery time before you go to the buffet.
- A minimum distance of 1 meter is guaranteed in our spacious breakfast area and on the beautiful breakfast terrace.
- All surfaces will be desinfected regularely.
• Beverage cards in the hotel bar will be replaced by personal advice.
• The table surface, back of the chair and the armrests are cleaned after each visit.
• In good weather, our spacious terrace in the quiet courtyard also invites you to a cozy stay with drinks from the bar.
• Unfortunately, the sauna and fitness room are currently closed for security reasons and we thank you for your understanding.