Environment & sustainability
Measures in our hotel
We are not a “green” hotel that draws its energy from wind turbines and imports coffee with the sailing ship. We do not meet this requirement and we stand by it. Nevertheless, we have recently given more thought to the future of our environment and would like to set valuable signs for its protection together with you.
What is already happening in the hotel?
We separate glass, metal, large foils, plastic, Tetra-Pak and paper
Packaging of food:
At breakfast you will notice that we mostly do without individually packaged food. Nutella, honey, jam etc. are only available in large jars.
We always try to support local suppliers. Bread and pastries come from the company “Müller-Gartner”. Likewise our sausage, which we have been buying from a local producer for years.
If possible, we buy organic Austrian fruits and vegetables, but we don't fool you or us as bananas don't grow in Austria!
Our laundry is washed by a traditional Viennese company and therefore the transport routes are short.
Our light bulbs have been replaced with new LED-bulbs
Since spring 2018 we are providing two Tesla charging stations for electric cars on our parking space.
We use green care PROFESSIONAL products from Werner & Mertz and were able to achieve the following savings: 69 kg crude oil, 5 kg plastic and 216 kg carbon dioxide.
What is done in your room?
- Change of bed linen: Here we have cards on the bed so that you can decide for yourself whether and when you want to have your bed linen changed. If the card is on the bed, we are happy to change the bed linen.
- Towel change: If you hang up the towels, they will not be changed. If the towels are in the shower, you are welcome to get fresh towels.
- Showers: The shower and sink fittings are equipped with water savers.
- Toilet paper: We buy 100 % recycling toilet paper.
- You will find glass water bottles in the room so that you can enjoy the cool Viennese spring water directly from the tap.
- New: The green option! By hanging our "The green option" tag outside your door, you ask us to not clean your room and thereby saving the environment in a conscious manner. As a thank you, 1 euro per day goes to a reforestation project and our team plants the little trees personally.
Here are our tips on how you can easily contribute to environmental protection:
Please put glass, metal, plastic bottles and paper in the room next to the trash bin in the bathroom. Our housekeeping team can then easily put this in the appropriate recycling bin.
Change of linen and towels:
Please use the cards that are on the bed when we are allowed to change your bed linen.
Towels that are on the floor in the bathroom or in the shower are changed. You will continue to use towels that are hung up.
Most of our guests actively use this opportunity and we are happy to receive feedback that they do not change their bed linen and towels at home every day either.
Please do not run the engine of your car run when parking on our car park.
You don't have to buy water in expensive and environmentally harmful plastic bottles in Vienna, it comes from the tap for free!
Us Viennese people are very grateful that we get the best drinking water quality directly from the water pipe. And yes, we are also a little proud of that.
In Vienna you will also find many drinking fountains in the city in summer, where you can fill up your water bottle for free.
Food is precious and, in our opinion, deserves the highest appreciation. Production, transport and disposal are harmful to the environment.
Yes, it hurts our hearts when we see at breakfast that e.g. Croissants are only bitten once and when we dump full plates and everything ends up in the trash.
Air conditioning or heating:
Our house is 200 years old and the climate has changed a lot over the years. While there was no need for air conditioning in the past, today it is a must. In summer it can often be extremely hot for days in a row.
We have separate systems: an air conditioner cools in summer and radiators warm your room in winter. If the heating or air conditioning system is switched on, please only briefly open and close the windows for ventilation. Please think "green" and do not leave the window open for long periods if the air conditioning or heating are switched on.
In this way you help to save energy and protect the environment. Thanks a lot!
Our water bottles
You can now buy reusable bottles at the reception so that you can carry the delicious Viennese spring water from the
tap in your room with you. Enjoy your "Water to go". There is 2 different variants of bottles you can choose from.
The contribution to expenses of Euro 7 per bottle is donated to the WWF!
Thanks for your support.
Thank you for arriving "green"!
Guests who arrive from their place of residence by bike, train or e-car and book directly with us receive a discount of 5% on all available rates in addition to the direct booking discount.
Simply enter the word GREENBONUS in the "promo code" field when booking online.
- The journey by bike or train begins in your place of residence! If you travel to Europe by plane and then drive to Vienna by bike, train or electric car, the green bonus cannot be booked.
- Definition of an e-car: Your e-car must be 100% electrically powered. Owning a hybrid car does not entitle you to deduct the green bonus.
- Arriving by train: Please present a valid train ticket to reception upon arrival (starting point: your place of residence). Unfortunately, a rapid transit ticket cannot be accepted.
If the above conditions are not met, the illegally deducted discount will be added to your hotel bill.